VA » Health Care » Albany Stratton VA Medical Center Albany, NY » Locations and Directions » Saranac Lake VA Clinic
Albany Stratton VA Medical Center Albany, NY
Saranac Lake VA Clinic
Veterans in need of medical advice after normal clinic hours can call TelCare at 1-888-838-7890.
- Primary Care: Services for Veterans in Essex, Franklin and Hamilton Counties.
- Behavioral Health Care: Behavioral health providers are available for consultation at all our primary care clinics. Brief individual and group treatments focus on health and wellness promotion, early identification, quick resolution of problems & long-term problem prevention. Medication management and other specialty services are available by referral or telemedicine equipment. For more information contact your primary care team.
- Personal Care: A health care team consisting of physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, and clerical staff provide primary care services at the clinic, stressing health maintenance and preventive medicine.
- Women’s Health Services: Our Women Veterans Health Program is dedicated to Women Veterans living healthy and staying well during every stage of their lives. Services provided by our clinic includes: Well Woman Exam; Contraception Counseling; Primary Care Social Work; and, Mental health wellness. Other services and specialty care can be coordinated by our Women Veterans Program Manager.
- Telehealth which includes Telemedicine and Telemental Health.
- On Site Patient Education and Chronic Disease Management
- Individual and group treatments focused on health and wellness promotion, early identification, quick resolution of problems and long-term problem prevention
- Medication Management
- Smoking Cessation: The Clinic offers the QuitSmart® smoking cessation program — an innovative service that combines the best of behavioral and medication treatments in a group format.
- Laboratory: Blood drawing.
- Prescriptions: Routine prescriptions processed through the mail.
- Specialty services beyond primary care are available through VA Health Care Upstate New York at Albany. If you require more specialized tests your health care provider will arrange for a referral for these services at the Albany facility.
- Handicapped Accessible: Full and easy access for all Veterans.
- Parking: Free parking on premises.