Albany Stratton VA Medical Center Albany, NY
Cancer Care / Oncology
The Oncology Service at Albany Stratton VA Medical Center employs the latest technologies, skilled medical professionals to care for the body, mind and total well-being of patients diagnosed with cancer.
Prevention and early diagnosis are key to limiting the health risks associated with cancer. Self-screening for certain cancers, such as breast or testicular cancer, should be done regularly. Other cancer screenings should be performed by a health care provider. Your Patient Aligned Care Team can provide more information about screenings appropriate for your age, gender, and medical history.
The medical services of the Oncology Department include:
- Surgical removal of cancerous tissue
- Immunotherapy, which helps the body’s natural defenses destroy cancer cells
- Chemotherapy, the use of one or more powerful drugs to fight cancer
- Radiotherapy, or high-energy radiation, to target and kill cancer cells and shrink tumors
Each cancer treatment plan is developed for the individual patient and may include professionals from a number of fields, including oncology and hematology, nutrition, social work, religious ministry and others.
For a copy of the annual report please email Bernice.Williams@va.gov or call 518-626-6434
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.