Albany Stratton VA Medical Center Albany, NY
The Stratton VAMC Cancer Program has been accredited by the American College of Surgeons since 1955. The Oncology Service at Albany Stratton VA Medical Center employs the latest technologies, skilled medical professionals to care for the body, mind and total well-being of patients diagnosed with cancer.
Prevention and early diagnosis are key to limiting the health risks associated with cancer. Self-screening for certain cancers, such as breast or testicular cancer, should be done regularly. Other cancer screenings should be performed by a health care provider. Your Patient Aligned Care Team can provide more information about screenings appropriate for your age, gender, and medical history.
Cancer Program offers:
- Surgical removal of cancerous tissue
- Immunotherapy, which helps the body’s natural defenses destroy cancer cells
- Chemotherapy, the use of one or more powerful drugs to fight cancer
- Radiotherapy, or high-energy radiation, to target and kill cancer cells and shrink tumors
- Palliative care for symptom control
Each cancer treatment plan is developed for the individual patient and may include professionals from a number of fields, including oncology and hematology, nutrition, social work, religious ministry and others.
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.