Albany Stratton VA Medical Center Albany, NY
Primary care is provided by your Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) and focuses on whole-person care to include life-long health and wellness planning, and referral to treatment services for illness and injury when needed including comprehensive diagnostic services.
Your PACT and you work in partnership to develop personal health care goals. Your PACT looks at all areas of your health with emphasis on prevention and health promotion.
PACT will meet with you to talk about and support the progress you are making towards achieving your those goals.
The PACT team members are:
• With your PACT create a personalized health plan
• Work with your PACT to meet your health care goals
• Call or send a Secure Message, using www.Myhealth.com, to PACT about your health care
• Keep your scheduled appointments or cancel them if you cannot make the appointment
• Notify your PACT of any doctors you see outside VA or if you are admitted to a non-VA hospital
Primary Care Provider:
• The clinical leader of your PACT, guides your overall health care
• Works with you and your health care team to make personalized health goals
• Listens to you and helps you figure out which treatment options will work for you
• Orders medications, blood work, diagnostic tests, and referrals to specialists when needed
• Orders tests to screen you for preventable illnesses
Registered Nurse (RN) Care Manager:
• The RN is your “go to person” for coordinating all of your health care needs
• Is available to speak with you by phone or in person about your health concerns
• Helps get the right health care providers to see you
• Provides you with education on any health related topics
Clinical Associate (LPN/ Health Tech/ Medical Assistant):
• Takes your vital signs (blood pressure, pulse, weight)
• Discusses your health with you and helps you learn about preventing disease
• Explain any tests you need and how to prepare for them
• Offers you recommended immunizations
• Assist you with medication renewals and consults between visits
• Helps you when you call with questions or directs you to the right team member
• Schedules or cancels visits with your PACT
•• Calls or writes to you if you miss an appointment
• Helps you with eligibility, registration and insurance verification
Other team members may include:
• Pharmacist to help with any medication questions
• Social Worker to help you cope with illness and get the resources you need
• Psychologist to help you with healthy behaviors and managing your emotions
Always let your VA provider know if you are seeing a community provider so that medications you are prescribed by your community provider can be reviewed for compatibility with VA prescriptions ordered.
A VA physician must assess you in order to coordinate a treatment plan with your community provider and to provide VA prescriptions.
VA providers prescribe medications that are on the VA National Formulary.
Blue Team, 1C
Red Team, 4C
Hours of Operation
- 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.